Industrial Hygienist – Oil & Gas Mega-Project Construction Support
Safety Management Systems, LLC (SMS) deploys HSE technicians and consultants, fire prevention specialists, certified paramedics specially trained in remote care medicine, and offers an extensive array of regulatory and compliance training and wellness services to the upstream and midstream oil & gas industry.
We are currently seeking an experienced Industrial Hygienist to work in support of an Oil & Gas Mega-Project in the role of construction support.
This is a fly in/out position located near the town of Peace River, Alberta.
• Provide site with competent industrial hygiene advice and services.
• Contribute to the implementation and embedding of corporate HSSE Control Framework,
• Provide industrial hygiene interpretation to Construction HSSE Leads and leadership teams on OHS regulatory or project requirements.
• Meet regulatory and site specific HSSE objectives/strategies and anticipate/forward planning of supporting work for OHS and Construction HSSE Program compliance process.
• Interface with senior management, corporate or work site based HSSE teams and other stakeholders.
• Assist in the implementation of the site Industrial Hygiene Plan and supporting training programs.
• Support the Construction HSSE Manager through various industrial hygiene improvement projects and initiatives.
• Provide leadership in achieving Goal Zero by working through and with others, both within corporate and contractor organizations.
• Develop, support and implement industrial hygiene monitoring and sampling strategy and ensure archiving of results.
• Update Health Risk Assessment, based on Management of Change, HSSE & SP Construction and Logistics Case and HAZID/HAZOP reviews
• Provide Health Risk Assessment services and close health actions resulting audit findings.
• Raise general awareness of staff / contractors in occupational health.
• Implement Health Hazard Communication Process and assist with chemical management, inclusive to providing guidance and approval for controlled products.
• Maintenance of WHMIS processes and procedures.
• Complete Construction related Industrial Hygiene audits and reviews, both in the field and camp facilities.
• Identify, promote synergies and share best practices with both project contractors and corporate Health Management Department.
• Assist in the implementation of the corporate Health Management Program, as required and agreed to by the Project HSSE Manager, with the Country Health Manager and Health & Canada Industrial Hygiene Lead.
• Deliver appropriate industrial hygiene training, as required for construction.
• Monitor and report compliance of and assurance against Group HSSE objectives and targets as well as corporate Performance Monitoring and Reporting (PMR) requirements.
• Oversee and provide input in contractor and subcontractor’s Occupational Health Management Programs, including application of the project’s health processes.
• Ensure that the Industrial Hygiene related records and documentation is maintained and processes are developed for ensuring that contractors comply with project agreed record retention requirements.
• Focal point for scheduling external and internal project Industrial Hygiene audits.
• Provide industrial hygiene expertise during construction execution and transitioning to commissioning and start up activities to ensure health related risks are identified, assessed and managed effectively.
• Become project’s Subject Matter Expert (SME) for current OHS Regulations, as it relates to Industrial Hygiene, and interpretation of corporate Industrial Hygiene requirements.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Industrial Hygiene training at University level. Bachelor Degree in Science with core emphasis in Occupational Health or HSE. Master Degree in the Comprehensive Industrial Hygiene preferred.
• Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or Registered Occupational Hygienist (ROH).
• Training –experience in construction/onshore drilling processes/well completion activities particularly in the assessment of “Health Hazards”: Silica, Diesel Exhaust, Noise and NORM (Radiation).
• Industrial Hygiene experience working on mega construction projects, particularly within the oil and gas industry.
• Leadership skills, including the ability to influence without authority.
• Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills – requirement for presentation and report writing skills.
• Self-motivated team player with ability and desire to take responsibility and drive workloads to effective resolution.
• Ability to work in a team environment but equally work well independently and on own initiative.
To apply, contact Chris.Christofferson@acadian.com